Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is united in its commitment to serve Deeply Rooted’s mission. The Board is composed of a range of members with various skills who together represent the world’s diversity in terms of ethnic, racial, age, gender, sexual, and religious orientation. Board activities are guided by the strategic plan, a statement of individual commitment from each board member, and shared resource-development goals. Potential board members are considered based on how their skills, capacity and interests match the current and future needs of the organization as well as the general board criteria. Existing board members are evaluated on their fulfillment of the commitments each has made.
The board meets quarterly and is responsible for governance. The work of the board is carried out by committees which generally meet between board meetings.. The standing committees of the board are the Governance/Finance Committee and the Resource Development Committee. Each committee is guided by a board member chairing the committee, and can include volunteers from the community as committee members or as a co-chair.
If you are interested in joining the Board, inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject Line: BOARD OF DIRECTORS INQUIRY. Please attach your resume and biography.
- Anjali JohnsonBoard ChairRisk Management Solutions of America, Inc. Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
- Judith Cothran, M.D.Vice ChairFounder and Medical Director, Women’s Health of Chicago
- Omari KamalTreasurerAccounting Manager, CFO Worldwide
- Otis RichardsonSecretaryFreelance Designer/IllustratorCustomer Services Representative, Tribune Media Services
- Rita McGuire, M.D.Physician, St. Bernard Hospital
- Gary AbbottAssistant Professor of Modern Dance, University of Kansas City MissouriAssociate Artistic Director, Deeply Rooted Dance Theater
- Jane BrownleyRetired Senior Manager Wireless Standards, Alcatel-Lucent
- Kevin Iega JeffArtist-In-Residence, Purdue UniversityArtistic Director, Deeply Rooted Dance Theater
- Fred MillerManaging Partner, Darker Horse Creative
- Philippe RavanasProfessor & Chairman Emeritus, Columbia College Chicago
- Nicole Clarke SpringerFreelance Choreographer/InstructorDance Education Director, Deeply Rooted Dance Theater
The Advisory Board is a knowledgeable group of professionals who consult and actively mobilize their resources and/or provide expertise as needed. The Advisory Board members have no legal or fiduciary responsibilities, but are advocates for the company’s mission and serve as an integral part of Deeply Rooted’s operations. Advisory Board activities are driven by an Advisory Board Member Plan.
- Richard Cahan
- Imara Canady
- Jennifer Jackson
- Adrienne Kostreva
- Laurel Lipkin
- Bernard Mims
- Cindy Wonzy-Carl